Mendix partner Australia
With the opening of our APAC office in Sydney we are helping Mendix Australia to digitalize the Australian market. Mendix is a leading enterprise low-code application platform and has been awarded 4th consecutive times by Gartner as leader & visionary in the Magic Quadrant. In 2018 Mendix was acquired by Siemens to become part of the Siemens digital industries software. This acquisition helped Mendix to further its R&D capabilities & expand to the rest of the world.
CAPE is a Mendix partner since 2007
We’ve been working closely with Mendix since our first projects in 2007. Over the last 15 years, we created over 300+ applications for 50+ clients. Throughout these years, we mastered Mendix but also are strongly connected to the entire Mendix organization. We’re helping Mendix Australia to show the Australian, and APAC region the capabilities of Mendix. Our experience and deep understanding of Mendix help us to use it in the best way. Setting up applications and platforms or helping you to set up your centre of excellence with Mendix capabilities.
Opening of our APAC Office in Sydney
In 2022 we opened our APAC office located in Sydney to support this region. We have a local team of experts to help Australian companies create Mendix applications. Besides creating applications for companies, we can help organizations set up a Centre of Excellence to enable them to design, create & maintain Mendix applications themselves.
Mendix is founded in 2000 and since then been grown to the leader in enterprise low-code application and platform tooling. Over the last two decades, it proved itself with stunning numbers:
- 200.000+ applications created;
- 50 million worldwide users;
- 300.000 developers;
- 4000+ companies depend on Mendix.
Use Mendix for
Enterprise app development
Accelerate all phases of the app developement with just one tool 10 times faster then regular IT development.
Create applications with just one click and deploy to the cloud easily.
Balance priorities and streamline digital initiatives. Mendix enables your organization to be equipped with the right tooling to get create business value.
Deliver compelling experiences across all digital touchpoints with just one platform.
With Mendix there is no need to have a different front- and back-end team which enables you to have a smooth proces without any hick-ups.
Build cross-platform apps for all users, devices and operational systems.
Make your own Android, iOS apps with just one platform.
Digitalize processes with end-to-end automation.
You can easily add new workflows in Mendix to further automate your business.
Extend, migrate or replace your core system.
Mendix can easily integrate with any system. This enables you to combine data from your TMS, ERP, WMS or CMS in just one platform.
Both internal & external users can have access to Mendix.
What is a low-code enterprise application platform?
Over the years different type of code types have been developed. One of them is low-code.
A low-code enterprise application platform is a software development platform that enables organizations to create and deploy business applications with minimal or no coding required. These platforms provide a visual drag-and-drop interface that allows users to design and develop applications using pre-built components, workflows, and integrations.
Low-code platforms aim to simplify and accelerate the application development process by automating much of the coding work. This enables business users and citizen developers to create applications faster and more efficiently than traditional coding methods. These platforms often include features such as collaboration tools, reporting and analytics, and mobile support to facilitate the development of complex business applications. The biggest advantage of this is that alot of work is automated and you don’t need multiple specialist to built an application.
In the video down below you can see an example of how Mendix is used. In this video you can see a couple of steps that normaly require multipel roles if you want to realize it in highcode. You can see that one user can built an application in just 5 steps. There is no need for multiple people or specialists which speeds up the process and you can built entire new applications is just hours instead of weeks. The enterprise platform takes care of the technical work. Therefore the user can focus on delivering an application.
The steps are shown in the demo down below:
1. Building a dashboard from a business perspective. This is done by dragging & dropping from templates.
2. Creating a database with tables for: product, part and an object from a SAP application (SalesOrder).
3. Connecting the database to the dashboard
4. Creating custom logic to show specific information for the bike and connecting this to a button (see details).
5. Running the application. Mendix will ensure everything is deployed to the cloud (or on-premises). You can see your example right away. It’s available for multiple platforms (both web & mobile)
What are the pro's and cons of low-code?
We recently publised an article about what the pro’s and cons are of the different types of code that are existing nowadays. If you want to learn more about the different kind of code and it’s pro’s and codes you can read the article: ‘The best type of code & it’s differences: no-, low– and highcode‘.
- You can create software lightning-fast with predefined building blocks.
- You don’t need to be a programmer to learn new features or functionalities. A citizen developer can build software since the low-code tool guides the citizen developers.
- You can customize specific areas to your requirements. However, you need the expertise to be able to do this. But, this customization can be done by a citizen developer.
- You don’t need the experience to maintain software or know how to set up an application. You can rely on the low-code solution.
- You need some understanding to use low code and deliver customized features.
- You need to work within the boundaries of the low-code platform.
- You need expertise with low-code tools to build high-performing applications.
With our APAC office in Sydney we help organizations to digitally transform. We work with you to solve business problems and rely on proven technologies and our battle-tested methodology.
We are a partner for the long run, and we don’t leave you after delivering a project. We’ve succesfully completed more than 350 IT Projects over the last 20 years.
Are you up for the challenge to become ready for the future?
Want to learn more about Mendix?
Do you want to learn more about the possiblities for you in Australia or the APAC regio. Feel free to contact us.
Get in contact and schedule a meeting with our lead in Australia Harmjan Oonk. During this meeting you will learn more how we can help you.